Take the COOL Challenge
The Williamstown COOL Committee is asking residents to help the town reach its goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 10% below 2000 levels by 2010. To take the COOL Challenge, you will calculate your carbon footprint and identify ways to reduce your CO2 emissions.
This link (above) will take you to the carbon estimator developed by the New Hampshire Carbon Challenge. When you fill it out completely (including name, e-mail, state and city at the bottom) you will be registered for the Williamstown COOL Challenge.
Contact us to schedule a presentation about the COOL Challenge and help Williamstown fight climate change. COOL Committee members will come to a meeting of your group or organization (e.g., your school, faith community, business, community organization, neighborhood or social group), and present information about how reduce your impact on climate change, save energy and save money.
- Start recycling at home (Williamstown)
- Schedule an energy audit through the Center for EcoTechnology
- Install energy efficient compact fluorescent bulbs
- Practice fuel efficient driving strategies
- Purchase energystar products and appliances
- Sign up for Green Electricity
- Invest in energy efficiency and renewable energy